|Out on:||Dual Format 13th Nov. 2017|
Four Films 1936-1938 brings together a quartet of 1930s features by Sacha Guitry, the celebrated French filmmaker, playwright and actor of the stage and screen, each based on his earlier works.
Indiscretions (Le Nouveau testament) follows a holier-than-though physician who is scuppered by his own hypocrisy. My Father Was Right (Mon père avait raison) tells off a man who, after being left by his wife for another man, raises his son to be wary of women. Let’s Dream (Faisons un rêve…) is another story of mistrust, between husband, wife and lovers. And the history of one of France’s most famous streets is retold in Up the Champs-Élysées (Remontons les Champs-Élysées), featuring multiple performances from Guitry himself.
Available for the first time on Blu-ray this set presents some of Guitry’s earliest and most enjoyable works.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
• Limited Edition Dual Format Collection [2000 copies]
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original French mono audio (uncompressed LPCM on the Blu-ray)
• Optional English subtitles
• Two French television documentaries: Cinéastes de notre temps: Sacha Guitry (1965) and Thèmes et variations du cinéma: Guitry (1967)
• An interview with Guitry from the 1959 television series Magazine du théâtre
• 60-page limited edition book featuring new writing on the films
Director: Sacha Guitry
Cast: Sacha Guitry, Jacqueline Delubac, Christian Gérard, Gaston Dubosc, Serge Grave, Lucien Baroux, Jean Périer
UK RRP: £49.99
Genre: Drama, Comedy
Subtitles: English / English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Audio: 1.0 Mono
Black & White
UK Cat No: FCD1622
UK Barcode: 5027035017914