|Out on:||Blu-Ray 11th Dec. 2017|
Éric Rohmer enjoyed a remarkable career. Between 1949, when he started work on his first short film, to the release of his final effort, The Romance of Astrea and Celadon, in 2007, Rohmer directed some 28 features, as well as numerous shorts and documentaries, many of them masterpieces.
The Éric Rohmer Collection brings together ten of the best: the complete six-film Comédies et proverbes series; his 1976 adaptation of Heinrich von Kleist’s novella, The Marquise of O..., recipient of the Grand Prix at that year’s Cannes Film Festival; his outstanding Arthurian tale, Perceval; his delightful portrayal of female friendship, Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle; and, making its UK debut in any format, The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque.
Complemented by numerous bonus features, this limited edition Blu-ray set provides both a welcome opportunity for the newcomer to explore the work of a great director as well as a must-have collection for the die-hard Rohmer fan.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Limited edition Blu-ray boxed-set (2,000 copies)
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of ten Éric Rohmer features: The Aviator's Wife, A Good Marriage, Pauline at the Beach, Full Moon in Paris, The Green Ray, My Girlfriend's Boyfriend, The Marquise of O..., and exclusive to this collection only: Perceval, Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle and The Tree, the Mayor and the Mediatheque
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Introductions to The Aviator’s Wife, A Good Marriage, Pauline at the Beach, Full Moon in Paris and The Green Ray by Éric Rohmer
• Brand-new appreciation of Rohmer by filmmaker and actor Richard Ayoade, recorded exclusively for this release
• Nestor Almendros: Director of Photography, an hour-long French television documentary profile of Perceval, The Marquise of O... and Pauline at the Beach’s cinematographer
• Two full-length episodes of the French television series Ciné regards devoted to the making and release of Perceval
• Effraction: Tchéky Karyo, an hour-long French television documentary profile of the Full Moon in Paris actor
• On-set report from the making of My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend
• Archive interview with Bruno Ganz on The Marquise of O...
• Archive interview with André Dussollier on The Aviator’s Wife
• Archive interview with Claude-Jean Philippe and Caroline Champetier on Pauline at the Beach
• Archive interview with Arielle Dombasle on Pauline at the Beach
• Archive interview with Pascale Ogier on Full Moon in Paris
• Archive interview with Marie Rivière on The Green Ray
• Archive interview with Joëlle Miquel on Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle
• Audio interview with Rohmer
• Changing Landscapes, a 1964 documentary short directed by Rohmer
• Trailers for The Aviator’s Wife, A Good Marriage, Pauline at the Beach, Full Moon in Paris, The Green Ray and My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend
• Newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin
• Limited edition book containing new writing on the film by Jonathan Romney, Geoff Andrew, Philip Lopate, Geoffrey Macnab, David Jenkins, Tara Judah, Sophie Monks Kaufman, Justine Smith, Andy Miller and Brad Stevens
Duration: 1047 mins
Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1 & 1.66:1
Audio: Mono 1.0
Directed by: ERIC ROHMER
Starring: BRUNO GANZ, ANDRE DUSSOLLIER, MARIE RIVIERE, BEATRICE ROMAND, ARIELLE DOMBASLE, PASCALE OGIER, TCHEKY KARYO
BD UK Cat No: FCD1663
BD UK Barcode: 5027035018324