|Out on:||Blu-Ray 18th Nov. 2019|
Be careful who you hitch a ride with! All roads lead to terror in Hitch Hike to Hell, the delightfully sleazy cautionary tale from cult director Irvin Berwick (Malibu High, The Monster of Piedras Blancas).
Howard is a mild-mannered momma’s boy whose job running deliveries for a cleaning agency affords him a lot of time out on the road. It’s not until he picks up young women who’ve run away from home that he transforms into a twitching, homicidal maniac, hellbent on meting out punishment for their “transgressions”. Can the cops put a stop to Howard’s demented spree before he claims yet another victim?
Influenced by the depraved crimes of the likes of "Co-ed Killer" Edmund Kemper, Hitch Hike to Hell is a bona fide American nightmare from the vaults of legendary exploitation producer Harry Novak (The Child, Toys Are Not for Children).
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
• 1.33 and 1.78 versions of the feature
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original uncompressed mono audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Newly-filmed appreciation by Nightmare USA author Stephen Thrower
• Road to Nowhere: Hitchhiking Culture Goes to Hell - brand new video essay by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas exploring the dark side of hitch-hiking in the real world and on the screen
• Original theatrical trailer
• Original press book (BD-ROM Content)
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Heather Drain
Director: Irvin Berwick
Cast: Robert Gribbin, Russell Johnson, John Harmon
Duration: 87 mins
Subtitles: English SDH
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1 / 1.78:1
Audio: 1.0 Mono
Cat No: FCD1962