|Out on:||Blu-Ray 7th May 2018|
IT S EXACTLY WHAT YOU THINK IT IS!
From Juan Piquer Simón, director of the equally unhinged Slugs, Pieces is the original sickening slasher classic, now restored in glorious 4K! A Boston college campus is being terrorised by a black-clad maniac who collects body parts from his unfortunate co-ed victims. As the corpses (and red herrings) begin to pile up, can Professor Brown (genre veteran Jack Taylor) unmask the murderer before his morbid puzzle is complete?
Boasting some of the most outrageous gore set-pieces ever to splash their way across the screen (including a particularly memorable slow-motion evisceration atop a waterbed), Pieces is an essential slice of Spanish splatter and more gruesome than ever on Blu-ray.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a brand new 4K transfer from the original camera negative
• Two versions of the feature: Pieces, the US theatrical version with library score by CAM, and Mil Gritos Tiene La Noche, the original uncensored director's cut, presented in Spanish with original score by Librado Pastor [Blu-ray exclusive]
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• The Vine Theater Experience - join the audience of the Vine Theater, Hollywood for a 2002 screening of Pieces!
• Alternate Re-score by composer Umberto
• Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
• It’s Exactly What You Think It Is! and analysis and appreciation of Pieces featuring filmmakers Nicholas McCarthy (The Pact), Adrián García Bogliano (Late Phases), Mike Mendez (Big Ass Spider) and writers Joe Bob Briggs and Nathaniel Thompson
• A Thousand Screams - a brand new interview with art director Gonzalo Gonzalo
• Falling to Pieces - Spanish filmmaker Sergio Blasco discusses his friendship with director Juan Piquer Simón and the script of their un-produced sequel to Pieces
• Pieces of Juan a career-spanning interview with director Juan Piquer Simón
• The Reddest Herring - archive interview with actor Paul Smith
• Archive interview with producer Steve Minasian
• Image Galleries
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach
Director: Juan Piquer Simon
Cast: Christopher George, Lynda Day, Frank Braña
Duration: 82 mins
Subtitles: English SDH/ Spanish
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
Cat No: FCD1743